Monday, August 30, 2010

To machine quilt or to hand quilt that is the question.

I got up bright eyed and bushy tailed on Sunday morning to start machine quilting my quilt. The result was sewing machine 1, Aunt Bee 0. I gave up in frustration at 10 am to watch the Black Ferns beat the Welsh girls, then I went back to the machine, if I continued I would be crazy in 10 minutes, so I start to tidy up my sewing stuff namely my pins and needles. I threw out the broken pins and needles and found I had 26 needles in my pin container, yes that's right 26 and I didn't have a spare needle case so I made one. I had some lovely tartan, and felt so I threw it together and I'm pleased with the result.Tom said " I don't know what it is, but it's cool looking".  I've decided to take the quilt to my friend Mrs A, a brilliant quilter she is going to help me try to set the machine up properly, which we think is the problem as I have machine quilted a small quilt before. If all fails I'll hand quilt it, but as I have so many quilt tops to quilt I was hoping to machine some of them, I have looked up a professional quilter who lives nearby just in case I need him. So a unproductive morning in some ways but it was great to get the machine out and actually sew something...Aunt Bee.

No comments:

Post a Comment