Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A Maori war canoe or not?

This is a photo of the sea (obviously) but it was a really mean sea, and whitecaps as far as the eye could see.I'm trying to show how far the tide had come up, you'll have to take my word for it but it had been just a metre from the sand dunes. Now  there had been a full moon, but after the earthquake and resulting "surges"  on the weekend, they did predict all week we could expect continuing "surges" and I think this is one of the results.From afar this looks like an Maori war canoe, not that I've seen many Maori war canoes, but this did capture my imagination for moment.I'm wondering since there is nothing much between us and the South American coast perhaps this was on it's way from there and got a big push this week to arrive here on our bit of coast.A photo of the birthday boy, 19 on Monday the 1st of March, he is a lovely young man, with a great sense of humour, we love him dearly. It's also the beginning of Autumn yeah, it hasn't been a good summer, roll on the cooler weather and an end to the horrible daylight saving, Oh dear the daylight grinch is rearing her head again.
 I have decided that I will be walking on the beach for my exercise this year and not spending money, time and worry by going to classes. I came to this conclusion when it was time on Wednesday to go to my StepBasix class, I love the class but not the actual going into the class I hate, I feel like a large well feed NZ heifer, and so I thought, I love to walk/run and I love the beach so I'll combine the two and do something that doesn't feel like exercise, as it is for me a pleasure. Love to all Aunt Bee.

No comments:

Post a Comment