Tuesday, March 26, 2013

There is a penguin in this photo, believe me there is, its that little dark speck near the sand
This place is amazing
one of Riverstone's, many shops

I know the penguin is hard to find, but it was hard to find one, as we went down to the harbour late. They keep to a schedule and penguins don't do photo ops if your tardy.
On to Riverstone, everyone says go there, your'll be amazed, well amazed doesn't cover it. I felt sensory overload, and that's saying something, it's incredible, not one shop but sheds full of things you didn't know you wanted, gardens, vege and flowers, animals, birds, and they are building what I thought was a massive castle style house with moat, but is a kid's fort with moat out the back. I'm sure if you googled Riverstone, Oamaru NZ, you would find it, not forgetting it is an award winning cafe, only cafe to win restaurant of the year. The chef is a celebrity chef now, a small but amazing menu, because it was only 9.30am we had a cheese scone each, omg if that's a scone, the lunch dishes must be out of this world.I am going back to Oamaru with Tom and Josie in October, must save my pennies intend to do my Christmas shopping there and Oamaru.  Love Aunt Bee. 

3 comments:

  1. LOL sensory overload is a good way to describe it! I find I always have to go around two or three times just to make sure I have seen most things!

    Definitely make it a priority to have lunch there in October and perhaps make a booking so you aren't disappointed.

    OMG I nearly ran over a penguin one night after leaving Portside and I was driving SLOWLY as I know that they are all about at night, but this wee guy just popped up out of nowhere. Lucky for me & it I missed otherwise I would have been in all sorts of trouble with the penguin people :-0

    Happy to recommend other eateries too as we are rather lucky down this way to have so many good ones, we aren't all just cheap parking & penguins!

    Sx

    PS: I agree about the steampunk, not my thing but I appreciate what they are doing for the town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Riverstone too! It is hard to imagine how much stuff there could be to see - and we never even made it into the restaurant, I was too busy looking through the shops and gardens......

    Sounds like you had a lovely trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all looks fantastic, start saving!

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete