Saturday, March 1, 2014

A catch up of the week, a slightly more interesting post than the last, ever so slightly.

Tree in Hagley Park split by storm
Sunday morning treat.
Tom and AJ sparring at the gym, me trying to take the photo and not watch.
Pattern picked up for $2, and threads I bought with a Christmas present.
This photo wont behave, but GG biscuits were on sale yesterday.
Last Sunday we, that is the city of Christchurch had a epic storm, the thunder and lightening kind. This was late in the afternoon, and we (not royal I assure you) Basil and I, were going to the Lantern Festival that evening in the Hagley Park, the festival had been on over the weekend, but I choose Sunday night to go.
hailstones on the front garden to confirm my story
The weather cleared by six, refreshing, ok freezing, but we are made of sterner stuff, and Basil, often impervious to cold went in sandals, and just a hoodie, I had a coat and wool scarf and ankle boots. Not many cars there, but we could see people, children  walking around, the lanterns floating in the river.
We noticed the lanterns weren't lit, but we continued walking around, through the mud and pools of water, till we came to the end or the beginning depending which way you started.
There are all the tents with the food sellers in them ,not, and the stall holders selling things you don't need but want. But they were empty, they had packed up and gone, and the lantern display was cancelled. Nobody was informed, all they had to do was put up a few signs and people would have been happy. As I said to Basil, at least we had a walk, I can't repeat here his reply as he was freezing.That's summer for you. When harvesting veges from the garden Tuesday, I found one of the Camellia trees had split and was broken, it had squashed the rosemary and currants, so I hope this storm wasn't a harbinger of the winter to come. Must go buy my winter slippers, I usual do that at Easter.

1 comment:

  1. Strange "water hack" burns 2 lbs in your sleep

    At least 160,000 women and men are using a easy and SECRET "liquid hack" to burn 1-2lbs every night as they sleep.

    It's effective and it works every time.

    Here's how to do it yourself:

    1) Go grab a glass and fill it with water half the way

    2) Now learn this weight losing hack

    and you'll become 1-2lbs lighter the next day!

    ReplyDelete