Friday, July 5, 2013

I've started so I'll continue.

Out for a walk with Tom, sadly we ended up ankle deep in mud.
It's been almost 2 months since my last post and during this time I've been debating with myself, should I stop posting or give myself a good talking too and start blogging again. So I here again, so much has happened, but I thought that my driveling was boring, and then last week a revelation, my life is no more boring than anyone else's and writing my blog is as much for me to record what's happening here and now, like so many other's I don't want to record too much of the miserable bits but we aren't stupid are we, we know that our lives are real with all the small and large trauma's that comes every one's way. That was a bit of a epistle wasn't it, here endeth the lesson.
O.k. major shift here, my beloved Crusaders are slaughtering the Chiefs, I love rugby, I watch the Warriors (league), I also watch tennis, hasn't Wimbledon being brilliant this year.I support the Tactixs in netball, and believe me that has been hard to do this year. Winter is my favourite time of year for watching sport, I have tried to multi-task this year by getting back into my crafts, while watching TV . 
Have been stitching a felt angel and decided to stitch around the edge in invisible thread, so on a really freezing morning I went to the local fabric shop but I couldn't actually see the invisible thread so I had to ask the staff, she found it for me, at home I couldn't actually see the end of the thread so Josie kindly found it for me, then of course it was very slippery and time after time I kept losing the thread and having to re thread it, I was torn between laughing and saying some very bad words.  The angel is almost finished but I may never use invisible thread again, well not unless I have a massive improvement in my eyesight.
Aj and me at the rugby.
gorgeous annuals found at the market.
yes, we got our first snow day home by 10.30am, snow stopped at 10.33
So that's it, not a great start, but a start, love Aunt Bee.

7 comments:

  1. Oh so glad to see your back.....I think many of us go through these slumps....I've been in one ....well ..a lot of it is I'm just so busy!!!!
    Summer here and garden ..lawn...veg gardens...house work...projects...LOTS!!!!
    All in all it is fun though....and is a wonderful diary!!! And we on the other side really do care about our friends we've met and miss them when they are taking time out...so ...WELCOME BACK!!!!!
    We are in the blistering heat and humidity....it's so lovely to see snow!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely to see your gorgeous summer garden, it is a reminder that Spring is around the corner.

      Delete
  2. Hello Aunty, good to see you back. Blogging should always be for yourself, no need to try and impress anyone. If people read it that's a bonus. Happy blogging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to be back, have kept up with your adventures, I'm dusting off my walking boots, time to start exploring our city as at last the army cordons have been removed last weekend.

      Delete
  3. SO good to see you back! I always enjoy catching up on your news, and your wonderful dry sense of humour is refreshing. That thread is not called invisible for nothing...lol...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nicky, how's the weather been, another bout of snow to come this week. I've got out my cross stitch supplies, haven't done much since Tom was born, 22 years ago, but I found a pile of English Cross Stitch mags at a op shop and it's rekindled my interest again.Your lovely work has always been an inspiration.

      Delete
  4. Nice to see you back too - like I can talk anyway!! Agree with your sentiments about blogging, it's a good way to record your life. I HATE invisible thread and avoid at all costs, anyway what use is it if you cannot even find it in the shop LOL! Post a picture of the angel for us to see please :-) Sx

    ReplyDelete