Saturday, January 8, 2011

A saga of a hand, an idiot and his mother, it's not pretty.

I'm back, I haven't posted because the tale of Aj's hand has been complicated and long and the darling computer is being naughty, must be male. Aj's hand , broken but not fixed till Wednesday the 5th as none of the teams in the hospital would take responsibility for him, the orthopaedic and the hand team were fighting over him, not that they wanted him, no they didn't. We had two apologies from doctors in the hospital as Aj had spent over 12 hours A&E without anyone taking him on, this is some sort of record apparently. They sent him home on NYD, although he needed an operation, and said they would be in touch later that day, no they didn't, rang the next morning to say so sorry but we are still working things out, rang Monday with a apptt. time for a CT scan that morning, so we shot in and Aj had the scan and we went to ortho outpatients for a apptt. Wednesday. Hospitals are really quite creepy when its a public holiday, nothing open and a skeleton staff, Aj said as we walked down a empty corridor "Just like a horror movie", I didn't need to hear that, I was in a living nightmare with the boy's hand as it was. When we got to the outpatients Aj was greeted with" Oh the famous Aj", not because of his stupidity with his hand, but the fact he still hadn't been seen by anyone. Wednesday at outpatients we waited with at least 60 people and it wont amaze you to hear that most of the people requiring treatment were male, 99% I thought and 1% old people from rest homes who had had a fall. Anyway Aj was taken in quickly, hand still in plaster, and they asked if he had had anything to eat or drink, no he hadn't and they processed him there and then and he had a operation on his hand that afternoon. Picked him up on Thursday and he's living the life of Riley here at home, it's amazing how many times that hand has been used as an excuse for not doing anything. As you can imagine I'm knackered and a little stressed, and I start work on Monday, tomorrow...............fill in the blank yourself, I feel aggrieved my holiday has been ruined by the idiot. Yes I love him dearly but he is a idiot or not as completely as on Friday he received an acceptance from a Uni for this year.So he's shocked and we are happy, I feel the trauma he will have to face trying to set up his student loan and allowance is punishment enough for the pain he has caused me.I have much to tell you but the computer isn't playing nice so I'll finish until it starts working better, I received more CK over the holidays which was very nice, Love Aunt Bee.You might have notice Basil had no part in the proceedings, well no I am the mother aren't I.

1 comment:

  1. My Goodness..all this going on and i was just up the road at Kylies.....
    I would have come and made you a coffee or tea
    and cake
    hope all is well or getting better
    hugs
    Jeni
    we had a great 6 days i have just done a blog on our time in NZ

    ReplyDelete